Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coliat 2 Pancit Special: The Guisado Guru


By Taga Ibaan ako

Tamales was the first to engrave Ibaan’s place in the food map. The Municipality of Ibaan became immensely popular for this cuisine of Hispanic origin. Then came along Lomi, claiming popularity back in the 80s with Top Taste Resto in town. Lomi booms like a bomb and breaks everyone’s throat and tummy timbre when gorged smoking hot. I myself is a big fan, hardly taking notice of this “guisado” thing.

I have to admit, I can’t cook lomi. That must be the reason why I go for lomi every time I feel empty. However, I can still feel thickness on my tongue after almost being baked red swallowing an oven-hot spoon of lomi. So I decided to change my routine. From Batangas, reaching Coliat 2, I noticed motorbikes, some vehicles and people stopping by on the right side of the road. I remember a talyer doing body repair jobs. I slowed down approaching the talyer. From there, I realized where they’re going. The billboard reads “Coliat 2 Pancit Special”.

I went straight to the counter and ordered for a guisado (I was actually craving for caldo). Taking a peek inside, I saw them preparing Pancit Bihon on bilao and Pancit Guisado on plate. And I was stunned with what I saw. So I gate crashed into their kitchen and took pictures of them.

This is a monster bilao. Really. They got this hill of pancit bihon, surrounded by fortress of home-made “bola-bola” made of pork meat. On top, it’s erupting with vegetable toppings and diced onions. But best part is yet to be seen. For its crowning glory, sliced steak atay with luscious souce were poured on top, slowly kissing the soft-stir-fried noodles, giving them a whooping taste as if you’re taking complete meal in one shot. Quail eggs? They’re all in there.

The same adornments were made with guisado, although not that lucrative since it’s just an ordinary, or should we say, regular order. However, when I ordered mine, I actually tasted the difference. The noodles are definitely soft-stirred. The steak atay, along with its sauce, gave the noodles some real scrumptious taste all the way down to my throat. Then I still got this caldo that for. Oh, don’t forget a bottle of soda, they complement each other.

Coliat 2 Pancit Special definitely is able to give guisado a different ring. For me, it’s “goodbye lomi, hello guisado”. I’ll have to walk away from cassava flour that has been pushing my shirt off its shape. It’s too heavy on tummy. With this guisado, I can have the real thing –the noodles themselves, the veggies, diced onions and steak atay.

I can’t explain further how much I love Coliat 2 Pancit Special now. I adore their guisado. And if you’ll ask me further, I’m sorry guys, I can’t talk right now. I’m still full with guisado. So if I were you, take a hike a be at Coliat 2 Pancit Special.

You can contact them at mobile number 0928-211-8603 and look for Ate Ellen. She’s the suspect for this glorious guisado.

1 comment:

  1. nakakalaway naman ang guisadong ito. masubukan nga pag nakauwi sa ibaan.

    ReplyDelete